2020: Positives and Highlights from the Craziest Year Ever
Written by Alison “MetalBabe” Cohen
Even with all the craziness this year I was able to come up with monthly positives and highlights. Before the Shut Down, I saw 14 live shows, and managed to see three more between St. Louis, Palm Springs, and Orange County. Even though the gyms in LA closed, I was able to work out in three gyms outside of LA in Boise, St. Louis, and Kansas City. I also spent almost three months road tripping, exploring 16 states, learned video/photo editing, maintained a mostly “at-home” weekly workout schedule, and got Certified as a personal trainer!
Thank you to everyone who has supported me, Metal Babe Mayhem, and
MBM Music LLC. MBM would not exist without you!
*All travel was done practicing safety precautions and in compliance with each cities standards
- Started the year in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- Brought Midwestern metal band Conquest to the West Coast
- Sponsored the 2020 Hall of Heavy Metal History Gala in Anaheim, CA. (Steve Vai, Geoff Tate, Don Dokken, Stephen Pearcy, and more)
- Skipped NAMM to Meet Jon Bon Jovi at the JBJ Runaway Tours in Las Vegas, NV; shook his hand from the stage, and got the setlist from his intimate show with The Kings of Suburbia.
- Vampire’s Ball with the band Orgy
- Photoshoot with Sparky for Lady Lea Photography
- Fun visit from my Sister and Nephew right before COVID
- Los Angeles “Lemonade” article (Read HERE)
- “Coronavirus and St. Patrick’s Day in Los Angeles” Video with Kati Rausch (Watch HERE)
- “Getting Tattoos with Alison” Video with Kati Rausch (Watch HERE)
- Lockdown Rockdown “Social Media And Arts Festival” with D’Monic Boris Lee with over 40 Artists/Performers and Merch. (Watch HERE)
- “Alison “MetalBabe” Cohen Live Show Tix & Memorabilia” video (Watch HERE)
- “Social Distancing – Friendship & Dating” Video with Kati Rausch (Watch HERE)
- First FaceBook Live Metal Babe Mayhem Home Store (Watch HERE)
- Second Metal Babe Mayhem Home Store (Watch HERE)
- Decided to Road Trip to see Grant’s family in Wenatchee, WA and stopped in Paso Robles and Seattle along the way. Visited Eugene, Portland, Boise, Las Vegas, Bullhead City, Topock, and Palm Springs on the way back.
- Witch’s Castle and Pittock Mansion in Portland, OR
- Snoqualmie Falls in Snoqualmie/Fall City, WA
- Shoshone Falls in Twin Falls, ID
- Miracle Hot Springs in Buhl, ID
- Rice Shoe Tree in Rice, CA
- Second Leg of Road Trip to Phoenix, Zion, Cañon City, Kansas City, St. Louis, Jackson, and Gulfport.
- Lake Pleasant in Phoenix, AZ (Canoed/Tubed)
- Zion National Park in Zion, UT (Hiked)
- White Water Rafting in Canon City, CO,
- Family photos in St. Louis, MO
- Saw the INSIDE of the house I grew up in for the first time since 1997 (St. Charles, MO)
- Johnston Shut-ins and Elephant Rocks State Park
- Continued Road Trip to Covington and Memphis, and then back St. Louis and Kansas City. Stopped in Topeka, Liberal, and Holbrook, then back to Phoenix, and Palm Springs.
- Louisiana Adventure Float; Jumped off a rope swing
- Devil’s Crossroads in Clarksdale, MS
- Sun Studios in Memphis, TN; Stood where many greats stood, including Elvis, Johnny Cash, Roy Orbison, and Jerry Lee Lewis!
- Changed plans and spent 10 extra days in St. Louis with family
- The Lessman Farm/Truckhenge in Topeka, KS.
- Wizard of Oz in Liberal, KS
- Painted Desert in Holbrook, AZ
- Metal Babe Doll
- Metal Babe Mayhem Home Store for Labor Day (Watch HERE)
- Celebrated my Birthday in Palm Springs at Poison Tribute Pick Your Poison
- Don’t Dream It, Do It clothing design by Steven Talbott (Available HERE)
- Dressed up like Mad Hatter for a Halloween Party at The Compound
- First time to Joshua Tree; spent the weekend hiking with a friend
- MB California clothing design by Steven Talbott (Available HERE)
- Metal Babe Mayhem Home Store for Black Friday (Watch HERE)
- Got Personal Trainer Certification through International Sports Science Association (ISSA)
- Flew for the first time since COVID to celebrate Thanksgiving and my Sister’s Birthday in St. Louis, MO
- Impromptu fashion show at The Compound
- Flew for the 2nd time since COVID to KS; Celebrated Christmas Eve
- Drove to St. Louis, MO; Celebrated Christmas/New Year’s Eve
In conclusion, I did not let 2020 slow me down and am very thankful for the opportunities I had during this year. I hope that sharing my “Best Of” will share a little sunshine and positivity on 2020 for all of you! I wish everyone reading this a Happy and Healthy 2021!
Read My Year in Review for 2019 HERE.